Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Surprises!

I've been meaning to post for many days now. But for those of you that didn't know February 10th, I got proposed to by my wonderful boyfriend and I said yes! I couldn't be more thrilled because he pampered me that day with a day out with the girls shopping then spending the rest of the day glamming me out. I've never felt better and was totally taken by surprise.

So I've been busy lately with being engaged and spending some time with my new fiancee now that we are officially that. And really looking towards the future and what our plans are. I've pretty much given him the yarn business plan and he is up for it. But there's also life plans too. Like looking for bigger rental and setting up in a more proper enviroment. Baby Chase is well on his way to talking and walking although I think he is terrified of letting go and walking but is definitely picking up on language. Especially yelling. He has that down!
Knitting wise I started on this capelet:

It's Kathy Kelly Cabled Capelet and it was an enjoyable knit. I've really liked it, I had done a few mods but nothing really drastic, just switched the needle size, and made the border garter band with buttonholes. I had been doing good so far, even found a few errors. But then I've hit a snag and am just not sure how to go along. Something must have gotten messed up a few rows back and it upset me a little because I had a long of energy going into this project. I'm thinking of frogging it and doing something else with that yarn but I'm not sure yet. I wanted a lot of cables in a worsted weight shawl and I couldn't at the time buy Four Seasons by Alana Dakos. (It's my dream to knit up since I first saw the Mystery Shawl a long.) I missed it mainly because I couldn't find my size 8 knitting needles! And I still haven't. So I don't know what I want to do. I have some yarn that I want to use after I do something with it to bring it a little more color depth to it and I guess I'm going to have to get down and buy some another size 8 needles.
Which brings me to more important news!


I've started my own Etsy shop for hand dyed yarn and finished items! Above is a few of my first colorways. Left to right is A Midsummer's Night's Dream, Surfer's Wave, Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow, and Rose Petals.  Now there's two things I want to mention is that 1. Knitpicks has such a fast service for priority shipping. I ordered Thursday morning and recieved it Friday afternoon! I was beyond amazed. That's the perks of living so close to Columbus where the warehouse is, I guess. And 2. In my master plan I was suppose to start hand dyeing at 5 years down the road but I've decided I should jump on the bandwagon now. Foremost because a lot of my designs have taken backseat because I haven't had the yarn to inspire me to jump up and make things. But now with just that one skein I test dyed I already have a design ready to be casted on. And it makes me excited about designing more interesting things than I have lately. And that color is killing me!

I do still have the toddler socks pattern to write up and share for FREE on here on the blog. I haven't yet gotten down to it, pattern writing can be a progress blocker sometimes, but I will get to it here soon, I have another pair of socks that are on the needles that I've have a pattern to write up soon too, I've just been so busy with other things that I haven't caught up on everything. Trying to do so much knitting wise. Keep on knitting! Next post I'll show some of my other new colorways and more knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment