Sunday, January 18, 2015

Finally! Starting new.

I can't believe I'm finally taking this step. But I have to. Because I need a place to showcase my knitting to eyes that will see and appreciate. Because really, how many non-knitters really do appreciate the hard work and agony that a knitter goes through to make a stellar piece of work, like a sweater or even a pair of socks. Yeah, I make it look easy but honestly it destroys my brain! And imagine more agony it takes to make something from the mind, plucking it out of imagination and inspiration and creating something with two needles and a ball of yarn (or two... or three... etc)
It's hard work, especially when the people around you look at it and they aren't filled with wonder as you are. Sure, they say it's pretty and they think what you did was cool but they don't understand! They don't know the hours you've spent with needles in your hands, trying to pay attention to the television and the knitting, figuring out at the last moment that two rows down you missed a stitch and debating on if you want to frog what you've done or modify it and keep going hoping that nobody sees the mess up. (I'm a frog-hater...) They don't know how long you've been stashing that yarn waiting for the perfect project to rear it's head and speak for it. Or the obsessive amount of yarn you have hoarded up in every cranny of your house. They don't know how long that project has been sitting in the nightstand at your bedside waiting for you to pick it up and finish it. But, my fellow knitter, I know, and I know you know. And that's why I've made this blog. To give you someone you know you can turn to and ogle over yarn and knitting patterns with. To come back to and see what I've made and created for your eyes to enjoy.
I have a few projects on the needles right now and a few designs floating around in my head that I haven't had yet to start on. I've been knitting since I was 10, which make it 11 years off and on that I've been knitting and crocheting. I'm not the biggest crocheter anymore, knitting became my passion when I grew more patience instead of wanting instant gratification that crocheting gives me. I've been designing knitwear since I was in high school but only seriously have been writing patterns and making sketches recently. I will enjoy getting to know you readers, and hopefully growing this into a successful blog with some trial and error, I'm sure. And I'll leave you with this little peek at my newest design. Hopefully soon it will be ready to go up on Ravelry (Who isn't on that site?!) I'm HammyDesigns on there.
Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment